The Department of Physical Education & Sports Sciences established in the Year 2010 with the prime permission of the National Council For Teachers Education.(NCTE). It is offering two year Master Degree Program (M.P.Ed.,) and regular/part time Ph.D., Program in Physical Education & Sports Sciences. It is producing highly calibre Physical Education Teachers, scholars, fitness trainers and leaders in physical education and serving the society through the sports board by conducting Inter Collegiate, Inter University Competitions, coaching camps to enhance the excellence in sports. It field the university teams in 46 Sports Events in National & South Zone/south west zone Inter University competitions and designing sports policies for the betterment of sports society and to promote the meritorious sports man to high level competitions.
It has developed sports fields with LED floodlights in 64 Acers of land and erected 82 feet National flag pole in Vemana Playfield which is highest among the all State Universities in India. Is has developed Modern Wellness and Fitness centre, 10X Rifle and Pistol Shooting Range, Indoor Sports area for Skating, Yoga, National standard Power lifting and Weight Lifting facility, Taekwondo and good sports science labs to measure human performance.
Department is serving the student community on campus and all accredited students in Y.S.R Dist through sports. The Department is organizing sports activities for Men and Women in 46 sports activities at Inter Collegiate level. The Department has organized 2 National University competitions in Ballbadminton men and Softball men and 3 National workshops in Physical Education and Sports Sciences.
As a central facility the Department achieved 7 medals in National University Sports and encouraging medal winner by honouring with Vemana Kreeda Prathiba puraskar cash award Rs.30,000/- per each and Rs.10,000/- scholarship per 10 months and 20% sports incentives marks in semester end examinations. To promote sports in rural area, it is honouring the Inter collegiate champions with RS.5,000 /- and Rs.3,000/- cash award for 1st and 2nd prizes respectively.
In this department 19 M.P.Ed., students were conferred with Prathiba awards and 12 students got Physical Director posts in Government schools, 10 members in Sachivalayam, other students are working as Principals and lecturers in professional colleges, engineering colleges, Private schools, Degree colleges, University Sports Departments. From this Department 3 Ph.D’s awarded and 4 Ph.D scholars are under course.
• To provide a comprehensive, progressive, and articulated education through quality research-based instructions.
• Make the students to attain the skill based knowledge and excellence in sports to develop fitness and wellness.
• To produce elite sports mans, leaders in physical education and sports, fitness trainers to meet the complex challenges of our regional and global communities.
• To develop Physical & Mental prowess and socially adjustable behavior.
• To acquire the adequate motor skills to perform a variety of physical activities and to enhance knowledge on health, cosmetic and competitive fitness.
• To motivate students towards health and active life style to break hypokinetism.
• Encourage the students to contribute to the profession, rural communities, and society.
• To create wellness and fitness atmosphere among students for their better health.
• The foundation of our program lies in physical fitness, character building , skill development , competitive spirit sports knowledge, as a result students could serve with kindness and caring which enable them to flourish in the field of physical education and sports.
• Develop confidence, skills and knowledge.
• Achieve excellence in sports.
• Sportsman spirit.
• Quality opportunities for students.
• To improve sports excellence in selected events.
• To search sports talent at the college level and to groom them as better performers.
• Project the potentials of the department by organizing inter collegiate tournaments and inter university competitions.
• To develop fitness and wellness among student community.
• To design effective sports policies to develop and to maintain sustainable success and to create interest among athletes to participate at high level competitions.
The department has convened three board of studies meetings to revise the curriculum for successfully facing the challenges in the present sports world and to match the preparation to face the NET, JRF, SET and teacher recruitment examinations.
• 2015-16 (CBCS)
• 2021-2022 (CBCS, NCTE &NEP-2020)
• This department is offering two open elective papers under choice based credit system and national education policy.
• In II semester Basic Concepts Of Yoga.
• In III semester Fitness and Wellness.
IT IS PURELY A RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM
6.30 A.M TO 8.00 A.M -PRACTICUM
10.00 A.M TO 1.00 P.M -THEORY
2.30 P.M TO 4.00 P.M -REMEDIAL CLASSES/TRAINING IN NEW EVENTS
4.30 P.M TO 6.00 P.M -PRACTICUM
Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa
Andhra Pradesh, India
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.