Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. (2003) – Department of Chemistry, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Yogi Vemana Universitry, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, India since 23rdJuly 2009 to Till date.
• Postdoctoral and Visiting research at USA, Germany and Taiwan: Jan 2004- June 2009 and September 2016 to August 2017.
• Raman Post Doctoral Visiting Research Associate (India-USA Fellowship) under the supervision of Prof. Marisa C. Kozlowski, Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA: 30th August 2016- 29th August 2017.
• Post Doctoral Fellow-Henkel Industries Project, Germany – worked with Prof. Dieter E. Kaufmann, Department of Organic Chemistry, Clausthal University of Technology, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany: May 2008 to June 2009.
• Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow-Germany - worked with Prof. Dr. Rene Wilhelm, Department of Organic Chemistry, Clausthal University of Technology, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany: August 2006 to March 2008.
• Post Doctoral Fellow-Taiwan – worked with Dr. S.T Chen, Department of Biological Chemistry, Taipei, TAIWAN: January 2006 to May 2006.
• Post Doctoral Fellow-Taiwan – worked with Prof. H.-T Chang and S.-H.Chiu, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, TAIWAN: April 2004 to December 2005.
• Post Doctoral Fellow- Department of Chemistry, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati under Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) scheme: January 2004 to March 2004.
• Member of Board of Studies, Department of Chemistry, Government Arts College (Autonomous), Kadapa for the academic year 2012-2014.
• Member of Board of Studies in the Chemistry Department, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa for the academic year 2017 to till date.
• Member in RUSA (RashtriyaUchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan) application preparation committee-Year 2013.
• Coordinator for UGC cell-2013-2016.
• Coordinator, Department of Chemistry, 31-01- 2015 to 29-08-16.
• Member in NAAC Application preparation committee-2014-15.
• Member in Annual Report committee-2013-14 & 2014-15.
• Member in Directorate of Admissions (DOA) from March 2018 to August 2020.
• Member in Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), August 2018 to February 2019.
• Member of board of studies, Department of Chemistry Sri Vidyaniketan Engineering College (Autonomous) for the academic year 2019-20.
• Member of board of studies, Department of Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University Engineering College for the academic year 2019-20.
• Hostel Warden, Men’s Hostel, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, from September 2019 to Till date.
• Coordinator, Academic Affairs, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, from September 2020 to Till date.
• Programme Officer, NSS Cell, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, from December 2020 to Till date.
• Awarded the project entitled “New chiral N-heterocyclic carbenes: Synthesis and applications in asymmetric synthesis” from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi in November 2015. The project period is January 2016-December 2018. Budget grant- Rs 15, 93, 775/-.
• Awarded the project entitled “Synthesis of Bioactive Nitrogen, Oxygen and Phosphorus Heterocycles” fromBoard of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS) (No. 2012/37C/33/BRNS) in January 2013. The project period is 2013-2016. Budget grant- Rs 24, 34, 468/-.
• Awarded the project entitled “New Chiral Organophosphorus Catalysts in Asymmetric Synthesis” From Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi, Under Fast Track Scheme (SR/FT/CS-013/2010)for Young Scientist for the period 2010-2013. Budget grant-Rs 15,25,000/-and received “Good” grade from the DST, New Delhi.
• P. Sreekanth Reddy (Full time Ph.D) -Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa- “Asymmetric Organocatalysis: Synthesis of Camphor Derived Thiourea Catalysts, their Application and Construction of Optically Pure Spiro[cyclohexanone-oxindole] Derivatives” - 8th March, 2016.
• B. Rajendra Prasad Reddy (Full time Ph.D) -Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa- “Development of Efficient Multicomponent Reaction Methodologies Using Titania Nanostructures as Solid-acid Catalysts and Catalyst Supports” - 20thJuly, 2016.
• Sudharsan Reddy (Full timePh.D) - Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa- “Development of new multi component approaches for the synthesis of α-aminonitriles, alkylaminophenols, 1,3,4-oxadiazoles and pyrimidoquinoline derivatives’’ - 1st March 2018.
• Bh. Pahaneendra Reddy (Extramural Ph.D). IICT, Hyderabad- “Total Synthesis of Atenols A, B and Cleistonolide and Development of a new methodology for the synthesis of Dihydroxy Pyrrolidine Derivatives” 23-07-2018.
• M. Venkata Krishna Reddy (Full time-Ph.D)–Yogi Vemana University-, Department of Chemistry “Catalytic Applications of New Palladium-PEPPSI and Copper-N-Heterocyclic Carbene Complexes for Cross-Coupling and Annulation reactions and Evaluation of Alzheimer's Activity of Synthesized Aza-Heterocyclic Analogs’’ 3rd February 2021.
• G. Anusha (Full time-Ph.D August 2016 to till date)–Yogi Vemana University- DST-Inspire Project Research Fellow. Ph.D thesis: Topic: Design and development of reusable palladium N-heterocyclic carbene-based catalysts: Application to synthesis of novel bioactive heterocycles and fused heterocycles.
• M. Indhira (Full-time-Ph.D August 2020)–Yogi Vemana University- Joined through AP-RSET,Topic: Oxidative homo and cross-coupling reactions.
• U. Ashok (Part- ime-Ph.D August 2020)–Yogi Vemana University- Joined through AP-RSET, Topic: Nano TiO2/Graphene oxide catalyzed multicomponent reactions.
• Raman Postdoctoral Fellowship (2016): Awarded the Raman Postdoctoral fellowship to do the research in United States of America (USA) from the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India.
• Young Scientist Project (Year 2010) - Awarded by Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi.
• Postdoctoral Fellow (May 2008 to Jun 2009) – Awarded by Henkel industry, Germany.
• AvH Postdoctoral Fellowship (August 2006- March2008) - Awarded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany.
• Genomic Research Centre Postdoctoral Fellow (Jan 2006- May 2006) - Awarded by Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
• Postdoctoral Fellow (Apr 2004- Dec 2005) – Awarded by National Science Council, Taipei, Taiwan.
• Senior Research Fellowship (2002-2004)- Awarded by CSIR, New Delhi, Govt. of India.
• GATE (Year 2001)-Qualified national level Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in the Chemical science division by IIT, Kanpur.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• J. Org. Chem (ACS) .
• ChemCatChem.(Wiley) .
• Appl. Organometal. Chem (Wiley) .
• Chemistry Select (Wiley) .
• New Journal Of Chemistry (RSC) .
• Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds (Taylor and Francis) .
• J. Het. Cycl. Chem (Wiley) .
• Chemical Record (Wiley) .
• Syn. Commun (Taylor and Francis) .
• Tet. Lett (Elsevier).
Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Asymmetric Synthesis and Homo/Heterogeneous Catalysis.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.