Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. (2008) – Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
• Assistant Professor of Genetics and Genomics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 23rd July 2008 – Till date.
• Research Associate, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad: 3rd July 2008– July 22nd 2009.
• Worked as Coordinator, Department of Genetics and Genomics from November, 2018 – February, 2020.
• Worked as Coordinator for UG examination, Controller of Examination, YVU, November 2011 – January 2013.
• Worked as Assistant Controller of Examination, Controller of Examination, YVU, from June, 2015 – January 2017.
• Worked as Programm Officer, NSS, Yogi Vemana University, from August 2014 - 2018.
• Worked as Co-coordinator, Equal Opportunity cell, Yogi Vemana University from June 2015 – 2017.
• Working as member, Board of Studies in Genetics and Genomics.
• Generation of Insertional Mutants in Solanum lycopersicum through T-DNA Tagging for Functional Genomics and Biotechnological Applications File No. 38(2813/11). (PI) | CSIR | Rs. 25,00,000/- | 2012-2015.
• Generation of Point and Deletion Mutagenized Population of Tomato (cv. Arka Vikas) and Molecular Characterization of Mutants Registration Number: SERC/LS-0542/2010. (PI) | DST | Rs. 24,00,000/- | 2012-2015.
• Genetic, Biochemical and Molecular characterization of Orange Ripening (Orr2) mutant in Solanum lycopersicum. (PI) | UGC | Rs. 12,40,000/- | 2013-2019.
• Development of Deletion and Point mutation population of Sona Masuri (rice) to select Economically Important Lines. (PI) | Agri-Science Park Project, A.P. | Rs. 1,50,000/- | 2010-2012.
• Production of transgenic groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) carrying Arabidopsis phytochrome A and B for the enhancement of yield (Co-PI) | CSIR | Rs. 18,00,000/- | 2012-2015.
• Assessment of population structure, phenology and natural regeneration of Pterocarpus santalinus-endemic, endangered and exploited tree species of southern Eastern Ghats (Co-PI) | Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, New Delhi | Rs. 17,63,750/- | 2014-2019.
• Proteome Analysis of Drought Stress Tolerance in Finger Millet (Eleisine corcana L.) (Co-PI) | DST | Rs. 29,95,800/- | 2016-2019.
• Mr. John Elia Prashant on | Ph.D. thesis entitled “Isolation and Characterization of carotenoid isomerase (CRTISO) gene from Solanum lycopersicum L. (cv. Arka Vikas) tangerine406 mutant" | 16/02/2021.
• Mr. J. Siva Kumar | Ph.D. thesis entitled “Morphological, Physio-biochemical evaluation and selection of salt stress tolerance in Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) germplasm using Principal Component Analysis (PCA)” | 03/05/2019.
• Mr. N. Rajesh | Genetic, Biochemical and Molecular Characterization of Orange Ripening Mutant with Enhanced β-carotene in Solanum lycopersicum cv. Arka Vikas | 04/10/2016.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life member of Life member of Society for Promotion of Horticulture, Indian Institute of Horticultre Research (ICAR), Bangalore, India.
• Life member of Society for Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, New Delhi, India.
Plant Molecular Biology, Mutagnesis.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.