Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D (2000) – Department of Chemistry, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, INDIA.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA: Jul. 2009 - Till date.
• Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow at Institute for Chemical Process Engineering, Technical University of Clausthal, Clausthal-Zellerfeld, GERMANY. Mentor: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Turek, Professor of Chemical Process Engineering: May. 2011 - Sep 2011, Feb. 2010 - Jul 2010 and Oct. 2008 - Mar. 2009.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science & Technology, TAIPEI, TAIWAN: Feb. 2008 - Jul. 2008.
• Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science & Technology, TAIPEI, TAIWAN. Mentor: Dr. Bing Joe Hwang, Professor of Chemical Engineering: Apr. 2001 - Jan. 2008.
• CSIR – Research Associate, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi. Worked at department of chemistry, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India: Nov. 2000 - Mar. 2001.
• Coordinator (Jul. 2020 ~ till date): Department of Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
• Member, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Yogi Vemana University, Kadpa, Andhra Pradesh.
• Assistant Director, Directorate of Admissions (DOA), Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
• External Member, Board of Studies, Sri Padmavathi Mahila Viswavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
• External Member, Board of Examiners, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta, Karnataka.
• Member, Board of Studies, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
• Member, Scanning Electron Microscopy Facility Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
• Development of Graphene-supported Core-Shell Structured Bimetallic Nanocomposites for Fuel Cell Reactions (PI: From July 2013 to June 2016): Rs. 40.35 Lakhs from the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
• New Chiral N-Heterocyclic Carbenes: Synthesis and applications in Assymmetric synthesis (Co-PI): Rs. 28.00 Lakhs from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, New Delhi.
• Design and Synthesis of IPN-based polymer electrolyte membranes with nanoadditives for fuel cell reactions (Co-PI:): Rs. 26.00 Lakhs from the RESPOND programme, Indian Space Research Organization, Government of India, Bengaluru.
• Nanostructured Gas Diffusion Layers for Direct Methanol Fuel Cells (From Oct 2008 to Mar 2009, Feb 2010 to Jul 2010 and May 2011 to Sep 2011): Funding is from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany.
• Dr. G. Vishwakshan Reddy (UGC – Junior Research Fellow) – Ph. D awarded in 2017.
• Dr. P. Raghavendra (DST – Junior Research Fellow) – Ph. D awarded in 2018.
• Mrs. B. Sravani (DST – INSPIRE Senior Research Fellow) – (2016 ~ till date) – Ph. D submitted in Feb, 2021.
• Mr. Y. Chandrashekar (Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board, Senior Research Fellow – (2017 to 2020) – Ph. D to be submitted.
• Mr. Narayana Rao (Part-time research scholar from Sept 2020 ~~).
• Mr. G. Thulasiram (UGC – Junior Research Fellow) – (10-12-2020 ~~).
• 2008 - Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship (under the experienced researchers’ category), Technical University of Clausthal, Clausthal – Zellerfeld, GERMANY.
• 2008 - Listed in Asian/American Who’s Who by Rifacimento International Publishers, New Delhi, INDIA.
• 2007 - Asian Admirable Researcher, New Delhi, INDIA.
• 2003 - Post Doctoral Fellowship from National Science Council, Taipei, TAIWAN.
• 2001 - Post Doctoral Fellowship from Mobiletron Industries, Taichung, TAIWAN.
• 2000 - Risk Assessment Summer School VIII Fellowship, Stockholm, SWEDEN.
• 2000 - CSIR - Research Associateship, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
• 1999 - YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD during the 17th Annual Conference of Indian Council of Chemists at Chennai, INDIA.
• 1997 - CSIR - Senior Research Fellowship, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
• 1993 - First Rank in M.Sc. Inorganic Chemistry, Sri Venkateswara University, INDIA.
• Kumar, SMS., Chen, CH., Sarma, LS. and Hwang, BJ. (2008): Catalytic Liquid Fuel, USA patent (No: 8075644), Granted on 13th December 2011.
• Kumar, SMS., Chen, CH., Sarma, LS. and Hwang, BJ. (2008): Catalytic Liquid Fuel, European patent (EP2001068A1), Granted on 10th Dec 2008.
• Hwang, BJ., Lin, ST., Sarma, LS., Cheng, MY. (2008): Feedstock for Ceramic Injection Molding, R.O.C patent (No: I30045), Granted on 1st September 2008.).
• Chen, CH., Sarma, LS., Kumar, SMS. and Hwang, BJ. (2007): Catalytic Liquid Fuel, R. O. C patent (No: 200746528), Granted on 16th December 2007.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• American Chemical Society, Washington D. C, USA.
• Electrochemical Society, New Jersey, USA.
• International X-ray Absorption Society, Italy.
• Indian Council of Chemists, India.
• Chinese Council of Chemists, Taipei.
• IJHE special issue on First International Conference on Sustainable Energy & Environment (ICSEE – 2017), Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA, April 6th & 7th , 2017.
• IJHE special issue on Second International Conference on Sustainable Energy & Environment (ICSEE – 2019), Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, INDIA, February 21st & 22nd , 2019.
• Royal Society of Chemistry, London, U. K: Chemistry Communications, Journal of Materials Chemistry, RSC Advances, Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers, New Journal of Chemistry, Catalysis Science & Technology, Green Chemistry, Materials Advances.
• American Chemical Society, Washington D. C., USA: Journal of Physical Chemistry, Langmuir, Chemistry of Materials, ACS Applied Energy Materials, ACS Omega.
• Elsevier, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS: Journal of Power Sources, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, , Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Synthetic Metals, Colloids and Surfaces A, Journal of Cleaner Production, Chemosphere, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Water Research, Chemical Engineering Journal, Desalination.
• Wiley - VCH, Weinheim, GERMANY: International Journal of Energy Research, ChemistrySelect, ChemCatChem.
Development of materials to catalyze the oxidation of small organic molecules and reduction of molecular oxygen is of extreme importance in the context of sustainable energy production. Chemistry extends a great help to solve the key issues in current energy technology practices. From the past one decade, our research group actively involved in the development of electrocatalytic materials in nanosize regime for clean energy conversion reactions like methanol oxidation reaction (MOR), oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) and formic acid oxidation reaction (FAOR) by utilizing the chemical synthesis principles. Of particular interest is to fabricate bimetallic nanoparticles with various architectures like alloy and core-shell type deposited on carbon-based supports. Towards this direction, several Pt – M (M = Pd, Au, Ru, Co, Ni, Cu etc.) bimetallic nanoparticles electrocatalysts with various structures deposited on two-dimensional reduced graphene oxide support were fabricated and corresponding electrocatalysis details were investigated.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.