Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D.(2008) – Department of Plant Science, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India.
• Associate Professor in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: Nov 2020 – Till date.
• Assistant Professor in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: Nov 2008 – Nov2020.
• Working as Member, IQAC, YVU.
• Working as Director, Minority Cell, YVU.
• Working as Nodal officer -Minorities-UGC from 2022 to till date.
• Worked as Head, Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics from December 2020 Dec 2022.
• Worked as Coordinator, Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformaticsfrom Aug. 2014 to Sep. 2016.
• Worked as Co-coordinator, National festival celebration cellfrom 2014 to 2016.
• Worked as NAAC core committee memberfor SSR preparation in 2015.
• Worked as Annual report memberfrom 2013 to 2015.
• Worked as Coeditor for Vemana Vanifrom 2020 to till date.
• Working as Coordinator for student’s welfare (Women)from 2013 to 2016.
• Worked as member for Issues of Women from 2015 to 2020.
• Worked as anti ragging committee member.
Agri-Science Park Project, YVU, Kadapa | Collection of germplasm of onion and screening for salt tolerant germplasm by biochemical studies. | Rs. 1,50,000/- | 2010-2012.
DST - SERB, Govt. of India (Fast track scheme for young scientists program) | Screening and identification of drought tolerant cultivar of onion (Allium cepa L.) in Kadapa district for varietal development. | Rs. 24,80,000/- | 2013-2016.
• Dr. G. Sai Sudha | Identification of salt tolerant cultivar of onion (Allium cepa L.) in Kadapa district for varietal development. | 2018.
• Mrs. S. Anjum Mobeen | Insilico identification of novel drug targets of human colorectal cancer from Moringaoleifera and Catharanthusroseus, and their green synthesis of ruthenium oxide nanoparticles and biological applications | May, 2022.
• Mrs. M. Vidya Vani | Generation and characterization of low chlorophyll containing Chlamydomonas, Chlorella mutants and their application in biofuel production | July, 2022.
• Mr. P. Rajendra Kumar | Bioenergy production by using biological organisms with help of biotechnological methods | From 2021-Till date.
• Mrs. M. Kiranmayee | Phytochemical-mediated synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles using some medicinal plants for biomedical applications | 2022 - Till date.
• Received Icon of India-2023 Distinguished Scientist award, SSM, SIMATS, Chennai.
• Received Teachers excellence award, Akhil BharatiyaShikshak Varshik Sammaylan -2022.
• Fellow of Scholars Academic and Scientific Society 2022, Assam, India.
• Received Guru Spandana Puraskar 2022, TREND, Spandana EDA International Foundation, India.
• Received ASSOCIATE FELLOW from Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences, (APAS) Amaravati, India. 2019.
• Received Young Scientist Award with research project under the Fasttrack scheme for young scientists, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi. 2013.
• Research cum teaching post at College of Sciences, Qassim University, KSA, 2011.
• Received DAAD fellowship through Prof. Renate Schiebe, University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY to carry out research work. 2006.
• Qualified for UGC -CSIR (JRF) and eligibility for lectureship in June 2003.
• UGC-CSIR-SRF 2005-2007.
• Qualified NET (Lecturer-ship only) examination conducted by CSIR in June 2002.
• Qualified in GATE - 2002 with 88.93 percentile.
• Recipient of Merit Scholarship for one year sponsored by University of Hyderabad during M. Sc 2001-2002.
• Twice selected as summer visiting student-fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS), Bangalore, May – June 2001; April – May 2003.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life member of Scholars academic and scientific society, India.
• Life member of Indian Science Congress, India.
• Life member Society for Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, New Delhi, India.
• Teaching and Education Research Association (TERA), Eurasia Research (Life member).
• Society for promotion of Horticulture (Annual member), Bangalore.
• National Organization in Life Sciences (NTOILS).
PLOs one (IF 3.7), Scientific reports (IF 4.4) Journal of food biochemistry (IF-3.5), Natural Product Research (Taylor and Francis IF 2.158); Industrial crops and products (Elsevier IF 3); African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry; Biodiversitas Journal of biological diversity; Basic Research Journal of Agricultural Science and Review; South Asian research journal of natural products; Pharmacognosy magazine (IF 1.31); Annual research & review in biology; Plant cell and molecular biolgy, Journal of trace elements and minerals; International journal of agricultural biotechnology.
Medicinal plants bioprospecting
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.