The Department of Economics was started in the year 2005 with a vision to achieve excellence in the field of economics with focus on innovative teaching, advance research and public policy analysis. The Department of Economics has four permanent faculty members (1 Professor, 2 Associate Professors and 1 Assistant Professor).
• To produce competent post graduates who will drive and support economy.
• To conduct research and extension activities for benefit of society.
No. of Papers published in International Journals: 40, National Journals: 14
No. of Books published: 04
No. of articles in edited book published: 27
No. of Papers Presented in International Conferences: 12; National Conferences: 47
Prof B.Srinivasulu received Teaching and Research Excellence Award – 2019, GRABS Educational Society, Chennai, February, 2019 at Chennai.
Dr.N.Ganesh Naik received Indian Council for Social Science Research ICSSR-CESS Doctoral Fellowship (2016-2018).
Department offers holistic approach of teaching and learning for our students through an array of activities like seminars, competitions, project work, games and sports and extension activities.
• The department organizes students induction programme, assignments, filed works study tours, seminars, guest lectures, workshops, multimedia aids besides Class room Teaching.
• Online teaching method through Microsoft Teams during Covid -19 Pandemic Period.
• Students in the fourth semester required to complete a project under the supervision of a academic staff.
• Remedial Classes for slow Learners.
• Mentoring sessions for career guidance & counseling.
• Students are provided necessary training and guidance for competitive exams and for further academic endeavors like NET, APSLET, Ph.D.
• Evaluation through continuous internal and external assessment: Weekly Class Assignments, seminars, project work, Remedial Exams, Research ReviewMeeetings, PhD Synopsis presentations, Online viva-voce.
1. Syed Ismail(2018-2020).
2. Jestidi. Veenamadhuri(2019-2021).
• Economics Students Participated in science exhibition-Feb, 28th, 2017 and demonstrated on Survival strategies for Drought Prone Rayalaseema Region.
• Economics Students conducted a rally in YVU campus to spread awareness on GO GREEN CAMPAIGN-SDG on July 7th, 2018. A total of 21 students (08 Male and 13 female) participated in the tree plantation.
• Students undertook open defecation free survey (ODF) household survey under on March 19th 2019 in order to collect information related to household Toilets.
• Annual blood donation camp of YVU Health Centre Unit held on August 8, 2018 and October 1, 2021 in the University premises. A total of 8 volunteers donated their blood and contributed to this noble cause.
P.I: Dr. T. Sudarsana Reddy, Department of Economics, “A Study on Access, Equity, Costs, Quality and Efficiency of School Education under Public and Private Managements in Andhra Pradesh” Period of the Project: 2015-18 (3 Years), Sponsoring Agency: UGC and Total Project Outlay: Rs. 6,79,000/-.
Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa
Andhra Pradesh, India
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.