Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. (1998) – Department of Biochemistry, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur (A.P.).
• Associate Professor of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, A.P. India. July 2021 – to date.
• Assistant Professor of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa. A.P., India. July 2009 – July 2021.
• Post-doctoral fellow, DBT CREBB, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India: April 2008 – July 2009.
• Assistant Professor of Biotechnology, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, India: Mar 2004 – Oct 2007.
• Assistant Professor of Biochemistry, St. Joseph’s PG College, Kurnool, & Sri Vani Women’s PG College, Anantapur: Oct 2001 – Mar 2004.
• Lecturer in Biochemistry, BLDEA’s: Shri B M Patil Medical College, Vijayapura, Karnataka: Mar 1997 – Oct 2001.
• Working as Head/Coordinator, Department of Foot Technology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, A.P. Mar 2022 – to date.
• Worked as Coordinator, University Health Centre, YV University, March 2016 – Till date.
• Worked as Coordinator, Department of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics from September, 2016 – September, 2018 (2 Y 2M).
• Worked as Deputy Warden, Yogi Vemana University Hostels from August 2011 – October, 2012.
• Worked as Associate Director, Directorate of Admissions (DOA), Yogi Vemana University from October 2020 – to date.
• Investigation of neuroprotective agents from Ficus religiosa extracts against oxidative stress induced DNA damage and repair mechanisms in neuroblastoma cells. (SR/SO/HS-0040/2011). Sponsored by DST – SERB from Feb 2014 – March 2018 as PI – Project Outlay: Rs.33.33 Lakhs.
• Obesity enhanced colorectal cancer prevention through Amla bioactive compounds. Sponsored by DBT for Overseas Fellowship from Oct 2012 – October 2013 as PI, Project Outlay: Rs.24 lakhs.
• Antibacterial effect of Amla extract against ESBL (Extended Spectrum of β-lactamases) producing multidrug resistant bacteria. Sponsored by Agriscience-Park, Andhra Pradesh for 2010 - 12 (Mini-project) - Project Outlay: Rs.1.5 Lakhs.
• Eadlapalli Siddhartha | Indian spices as functional foods against foodborne pathogens and multidrug resistant bacteria. | July, 2017.
• Manoj Kumar Gupta | Evolutionary medicine of Type II Diabetes: Population genetics and structural modeling approaches for identification of candidate genes and anti-diabetic drugs. | July, 2019.
• M. Suresh Kumar Reddy | Evaluation of neuroprotective potential of Ficus religiosa extract against oxidative stress induced cytotoxicity in human neuroblastoma SK N SH cells | October, 2021.
• L. Sudarsana Reddy | Development of therapeutic recombinant endonuclease for thinning the pulmonary secretions and reducing the risk of respiratory tract infections.
• A. Sudhakarachari | Bioactive compounds in prevention of diseases.
• Associate Fellow of Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences, A.P. Awarded in November 2018.
• DBT-CREST Award (Cutting-edge Research Enhancement and Scientific Training) – Formerly Biotechnology Overseas Associateship, Awarded by DBT, Govt. of India on April 2012.
• DBT-CREBB Award – Awarded by DBT – University of Hyderabad, India on March 2008.
• UGC – SRF sponsored by UGC, Govt. of India on November 1995.
• UGC – JRF sponsored by UGC, Govt. of India on November 1993.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life member of Indian Science Congress, India.
• Life member of Nutrition Society of India.
• Life member of Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences, A.P., India.
• Dr. Jairam K P Vanamala, Associate Professor, Department of Food science, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, USA.
• Dr. Chinthala Srinivasulu, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Indianapolis State University, Indianapolis, USA.
• Dr. G. Purna Chandra Nagaraju, Medicine – Hematology and Oncology University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA.
PLOS, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, Computational chemistry and drug discovery, Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling, Frontiers in oncology, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Cancer letters, Gene, Current Pharmaceutical Design, BMC cancer, BMC Complementary and alternative medicine, Biotechnology and applied biochemistry, Biomed Research International, JKIMSU, Molecular and Cellular biochemistry, Journal of functional foods, Aminoacids, etc.
• Functional Foods in prevention of cancer, diabetes, and infectious diseases.
• ‘Polypharmacology’ of bioactive compounds in drug discovery.
Cancer, diabetes and infectious diseases are the leading diseases posing a serious demographic and economic burden worldwide. Available drugs combat these diseases with strenuous side effects and need for a development of effective safe drugs. As Hippocrates (father of medicine) quoted “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” and Ayurveda told “Let food be your medicine”. Indian cuisine encompasses a wide variety of regional cuisines native to India with locally available spices, herbs, vegetables and fruits. This diet is having rich sources of bioactive compounds, lead molecules for safe drug discovery. Our laboratory uses in-vitro, in-vivo and in-silico models to explore the role of dietary bioactive compounds in both the development and prevention of cancer, diabetes and infectious diseases through ‘polypharmaocology’ approach.
Goal of Dr. Ramakrishna research is to optimize the health profiles of food products and provide “Modern Evidence for Ancient Wisdom on Diet in prevention of diseases”.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.