Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. (2002)-Department of Botany, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi (A.P.), India.
• Assistant Professor in Environmental Science, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: July 2009 -Till date.
• UGC Raman Fellow, Arizona State University, USA: Nov 2014-Nov 2015.
• PDF-Dong-A University, South Korea: Dec 2008-July 2009.
• PDF-Environmental Biotechnology Research Centre, South Korea: Mar 2006-Nov 2008.
• PDF-National Chung-Hsing University, Taiwan: Aug 2003-July 2005.
• PDF-Academia Sinica, Taiwan: July 2002-Feb 2003.
• Working as NSS Programme Officer in Yogi Vemana University since Dec. 2020.
• Working as RUSA Coordinator since 2020.
• Worked as Coordinator for the Dept. of Environmental Science 2018-2020.
• Worked as Warden for YVU hostels 2017-2018.
• Worked as RUSA Coordinator 2017-18.
• Worked as Coordinator, University Web Committee, 2016-2018.
• Member in BOS, Dept. Environmental Science YVU, SVV University, Tirupati, GDC-Kadapa.
• Worked as Additional Regional Coordinator for APSET-2013.
• Worked as Nodal Officer, Inter University Faculty Forum (IUFF), Higher Education (A.P.) .
• Worked as Co-Coordinator, Cell- Human Values and Professional Ethics.
• Worked as Coordinator for the Dept. of Environmental Science, Aug 2009-May 2012.
• Worked as member in NAAC, 12B and XIth Plan etc. committees.
• Production of transgenic groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) carrying Arabidopsis phytochrome A and B for the enhancement of yield- 2012-15. CSIR Project, New Delhi, Govt. of India (Principle Investigator).
• Establishment of in vitro micro propagation and genetic transformation protocols for Chrysanthemum. Agri-Sceince Project granted by the Dept. of Commerce & Industries, Govt. of A.P. (Principle Investigator).
• Generation of insertional mutants in solanum lycopersicum through T-DNA tagging from functional genomics and biotechnological applications-2012. CSIR Project, New Delhi, Govt. of India (Co-PI).
• Generating a promising system for directed evolution of efficient and continuous solar-powered production of hydrogen from water using the model green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii- UGC-Raman Fellowship to Work project in Arizona State University, Tempe, USA.
• K. Paramesh | Biohydrogen from Algae | July 2019.
• D. Narasimham | Salt Tolerance Studies in Crops | October 2018.
• M. Keerthi Kumari | Heavy Metal Studies in Crops | January 2018.
• Y. Himabindu| Salt Tolerance Studies in Crops | April 2017.
• N. Raga Sudha | Biohydrogen production from Algae.
• S.V. Ravi Teja | Oral diseases, causes and remedies.
• P. Gnaneswari | Bioethanol production from Algae.
• P. Rajendra Kumar | Bioenergy production.
• Raman Postdoctoral Fellowship, University Grants Commission (UGC) for the year 2014-2015.
• Young Scientist award in International Seminar (ISMPHP)-2010.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Membership in Society for Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology (SPBB).
• The Natural Products Journal, Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, Indian Journal of Biotechnology.
In Ph.D Evaluation panel and Pre-Ph.D paper setter- Sri Venkateswara University and Sri Padmavathi Mahila Viswa Vidyalayam, Tirupathi.
Environmental Plant Biotechnology, Bioenergy, Plant Medicine.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.