Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
The Department of Psychology was established in the year 2009- 2010 in Yogi Vemana University. At present the department has two faculty members from different research fields like adulthood and aging, organizational behaviour and stress management as their thirst areas.
The M.Sc., Psychology course is a full-time course with specializations of Health Psychology, Psychology of Disability and Aging, Stress and Coping. Master’s course in Psychology is an advanced course aimed at competence building among the students from a holistic perspective and with interdisciplinary approach. Apart from theoretical inputs, the course also emphasizes on laboratory work, supervised practical and clinical training and practice in scientific report writing. The course is aimed to make the student develop professional skills and competence.
The experimental laboratory was established with apparatus like memory drum, muller lyer apparatus, intelligence tests, electrical metronome and other minor equipment to carry out experiments. Apart from this the counselling lab establishment is in process with paper and pencil tests and equipment like bio-feed back to train the students to equip themselves with counselling skills.
At present the student strength is 11 members and in this academic year the department is also offering the Ph.D programmes. The faculty is involved in the outreach programmes and voluntarily helps the NGO’s in executing their activities.
1. 30-3-2012: UGC sponsored One-day workshop on “Parent child relationship in the modern context :Psychological Implications” at Y.V.University.
2. 3/4-02-2014: UGC sponsored two-days Invited symposium on “Recent Trends in Research Methodology”.
3. 22-09-2010: One day workshop was organized with the collaboration of STEP, Kadapa on “Personality Development.
4. 30-3-2012: UGC Workshop on “Parent child relationship in the modern Context- Psychological Implications”.
5. 3/4-02-2014: UGC sponsored two-days Invited symposium on “Recent Trends in Research Methodology”.
6. 6-3-2015: UGC Invited symposium on “Child rearing : Critical Issues – Role of Parents and Teachers”.
7. 3/4-10-2016: ICSSR sponsored IAOP conference on Psychology for Health, Harmony and Happiness.
8. 8-2-2017: NHRC sponsored one day training programme on Rights of Women.
9. 7/9-02-2018: Three Day workshop Research Methodology and SPSS.
10. 1-3-2018: NHRC sponsored one day training programme on Rights of Women.
11. 27/28-12-2018: ICSSR sponsored two day national seminar on “Disability and Rehabilitation: Challenges and Strategies".
12. 10-06-2019: International workshop on “Community Mental Health”.
13. 4/5-02-2020: Two day National seminar on “Innovations and Challenges in Health Psychology”.
P.I: Dr. K. Lalitha, Department of Psychology, “Assessment of Everyday Memory in the aged: An Intervention study” Period of the Project: 2012-15 (3 Years), Sponsoring Agency: UGC, New Delhi and Total Project Outlay: Rs.7,31,000/-.
P.I: Dr. K. Lalitha, Department of Psychology, “Assessment of cognitive status in the community-dwelling older people: role of psychological intervention” Period of the Project: 2020-23 (3 Years), Sponsoring Agency: ICMR, New Delhi and Total Project Outlay: Rs. 16,14,936/-.
Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa
Andhra Pradesh, India
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.