Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. (1995) - Mumbai University, Maharastra State, India.
• Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: April 2014 – Till date.
• Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: April 2008 – April 2014.
• Assistant Professor, (B.E. Biotechnology) Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Affiliated to Visweshwaraya Institute of Technology, Belgaum, Karnataka: March 2004 – April 2008.
• Lecturer, Jain Group of Institutions (M.Sc Biotechnology, Affiliated to Bangalore University): March 2001 - March 2004.
• PDF, MONBHUSHO FELLOW (Japanese Government) Faculty of Textile science and Engineering, Gene Research Centre, Shinshu University Nagano Ken ,UEDA, JAPAN. Analyzing endogenous transposons in Arabidopsis thaliana for long – range purpose to be used as a genetic tool: October 1995 - March 2001.
• Scientist, Plant Tissue Culture lab, C.C.Shroff Research Institute, Excel Industries Limited, Bombay. Concurrently with Ph.D Project in Plant Biotechnology: January 1990 - October 1995.
• Co-ordinator, Agri Science Park (Funded by Ministry of Industries and Commerce, Govt. of A.P, sanctioned in 2008 to Yogi Vemana University January 2013 till date (9years).
• DEAN, College Development Council, Yogi Vemana University from 10th July 2020 onwards till 12 september2021 (1yr 2 months).
• Incharge Principal Yogi Vemana University College: 27 July 2021 to 1st March 2022.
• Head Department of Biotechnology: 26July 2022 till Date ( under my photo pls remove coordinator and put Head).
• Head, Department of Biotechnology from 2008-2012 and August 2014 till 2016 and August 2018 till July 2020 (8years).
• Chairman, Board of Studies for M.Sc. Biotechnology and 5 years Integrated M.Sc Biotechnology and Bioinformatics and M.Sc, Genetics and Genomic Yogi Vemana University from 2014 till June 17th 2021 (7years).
• Chairperson, Women Cell, Yogi Vemana University from November 2011- September 2013 (1year 11months).
• Co-ordinator, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) Yogi Vemana University, September 2013 till 2016.
• Co-ordinator, Agri Science Park (Funded by Ministry of Industries and Commerce, Govt. of A.P, sanctioned in 2008 to Yogi Vemana University January 2013 till date (8years).
• DEAN, College Development Council, Yogi Vemana University from 10th July 2020 onwards (11 months).
• Micropropagation of Medicinally important plant (Caesalpinnia sappan.L) for arid region, Agri Science Park sponsored by Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Andhra Pradesh, Budget 1.50,000 lakhs. (Letter No. Nil. Dated: 30th December, 2010).
• Biodiversity Assessment and Bioprospection of lichens in Rayalaseema Forests of Andhra Pradesh, India. Co-PI (Sponsored by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Budget 25 lakhs. (Letter No. 60(0100)/11/EMR-II. Dated: 12-01-2012).
• Production of Transgenic ground nut (Arachis hypogea) carrying Arabidopsis phytochrome A and B for enhancement of yield Co-PI (Sponsored by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Budget 17.9 lakhs. (Letter No. 38(1328)/21/EMR-II. Dated: 03-04-2012).
• Mrs Fathima Nazneen | Induction and Establishment of Hairy Root Culture and Studies on Production of Secondary Metabolites in a Medicinal Plant Using Agrobacterium rhizogenes | July2017.
• Mr. B. Arun Kumar Naik | In-vitro Micro propagation, Genetic fidelity assessment and Bio prospection studies in Caesalpinia sappan L | November 2018.
• Mrs. K.Sujatha | Green Synthesis of Silver Nano particles of Some Medicinal Mushrooms and Study of its Biological Activity.
• Mr. Y. Sugunakar | Micropropagation of Annona Reticulata -a medicinal plant of commercial importance.
• Ms. P. Madhavi | Micropropagation and conservation of Orchid species of seshachalam hills in Andhra Pradesh through plant tissue culture.
• Mr. Ambedkar | Study of Anticancerous Activity of Brazilin- a secondary metabolite from Caesalpinnia sappan L.
• MONBHUSHO Fellowship (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan) for Post Doctoral Research (October 1995-March 2001).
• Andhra Pradesh Science Congress Associate Fellow.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi (Life Membership).
• The Indian Science Congress Association (Membership No:L22117).
• Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy (Life Member).
• Indian Lichenological Society, Lucknow, India (Life Member, Membership Number 18).
• African Journal of Biotechnology.
Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Sri Padmavathi Mahila University Tirupati and Bharathidasan University.
Plant Biotechnology (Plant tissue culture, Medicinal plants and secondary metabolites).
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.