Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
• Associate Professor in Genetics and Genomics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: December 2021-Till date.
• Assistant Professor in Genetics and Genomics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 21st July 2009 – 2021.
• Post Doctoral Fellow at U T MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA: (2001-08) .
• Senior Research Associate at The Scripps Research Institute, USA: (2008-09).
• Head, Department of Genetics & Genomics, December 2021-Present.
• Chairman, Board of studies, Department of Genetics & Genomics, Mar 2022- present.
• Coordinator, Yogi Vemana University Women’s Cell.
• Co-Ordinator, Department of Genetics & Genomics, 2010- 2012 and 2020- 2021.
• Women’s Hostel warden Oct 2013-Mar 2017.
• Board of studies Member, Department of Genetics & Genomics, Oct-2013-Feb 2022.
• Board of studies Member, Chaitanya Degree College (Autonomous) Warangal, 2015-2018.
• Institutional Ethics Committee- Government Medical college and Government General Hospital (IEC GMC & GGH) Kadapa.
• Appointed by Committee for the purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA) as a Main Nominee for Institutional Animal Ethics Committee in Fathima Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa; Krishnateja Pharmacy College, Tirupati.
• Appointed by CPCSEA as a Link Nominee for Institutional Animal Ethics Committee in Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuram.
• Appointed by CPCSEA as a Main Nominee for Institutional Animal Ethics Committee in Krishna Teja Pharmacy College, Tirupati.
• Bioremediation of Heavy metals through Geomicrobes from soil and ground water: A case study around Tummalapalli Uranium mining area, Kadapa, AP. (Co-PI) | SERB POWER | Rs. 29,70,000 | 2022-2025.
• Molecular signaling during thymus involution and its application for the prevention of age associated diseases and cancer (PI) | DST | Rs. 42,17,000 | 2018-21.
• Molecular mechanism(s) by which cyclin D1 abrogates involution using the K5. Cyclin D1 transgenic line and related experimental models(PI) | UGC | Rs. 22,87,952 | 2014-2015. • Molecular mechanism involved in the development of skin gamma delata T cells (PI) | DST | Rs. 21,55,000 | 2012-15.
• Role of nuclear receptor farnesoid X receptor on airway inflammation and remodeling (Co-PI) | DBT | Rs. 39,00,000 | 2011-15.
• Cross-talk between plasmacytoid dendritic cells and regulatory T cells in ovarian cancer using mouse model (PI) | CSIR | Rs. 22,00,000 | 2011-15.
Ph.D Awarded: 02
• Dr. T. Sree Latha
• Dr. Lakkim Vajravathi
Ph.D Pursuing: 02
• Miss Lekkala Venkata Vani Vijaya Durga
• Mr. Bandi Lokesh Reddy
• Nominated as P.G. Meritorious Alumnus by Academic Council in the Board of studies, SKR&SKR Govt College for women. Kadapa.
• Associate Fellow of A.P. Academy of Sciences for the year 2019.
• Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research in USA for the Year 2014-15.
• DST Young Scientist Award 2011.
• UT MDACC Employee service award, USA 2006.
• Research Fellowship of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, Govt. of India 1995-2000.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life member, Indian Women Scientist Association.
• Life member, Indian Immunological Society.
• Life member, Indian Association for Cancer Research.
• Life member, The Indian Science Congress Association.
• Thymus involution and age associated diseases.
• Immune modulation of TiO2 Nanometerials and autoimmune diseases.
• Molecular mechanism involved in the development of skin T cells (DETC).
• Role of plasmacytoid dendritic cells and regulatory T cells in Gastrointesteinal , Skin and Ovarian cancer microenvironment using animal models.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
+91 8562 225419
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.