Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D.(2005) – Department of Chemistry, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, India.
• Associate Professor in Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: Nov 2020 – Till date.
• UGC RAMAN Fellow, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA: Mar 2015 – Feb 2016.
• Assistant Professor in Chemistry, Yogi Vemana University, India: Nov 2008 – Nov 2020.
• Research Professor, Changwon National University, South Korea: Apr 2008 – Oct 2008.
• Postdoctoral Fellow, Pusan National University, South Korea: Apr 2006 – Mar 2008.
• Warden | Y.V. University College | From 17.08.2013 - 30.01.2015.
• Coordinator | Dept. of Chemistry, Y.V. University | From 05.08.2014 - 30.01.2015.
• Coordinator | Academic Section, Y.V. University | From 04.03.2016 - 07-07-2020.
• Coordinator | Establishment Section, Y.V. University | From 04.03.2016 - 07-07-2020.
• Member | Central Purchase committee, Y.V. University | From 16.04.2016 - 10.02.2018.
• Coordinator | Rate Contract committee for Chemical and Kits, Y.V. University | From 26.10.2017 - 25.10.2019.
• Coordinator | Dept. of Chemistry, Y.V. University | From 03.04.2019- 04.04.2020.
• Nodal Officer | Biometric System, Y.V. University | From 08.06.2016 - Till date.
• Coordinator | College Development Council, Y.V. University | From 12.02.2020 - Till date.
• Synthesis and Characterization of Biodegradable Polymer Based Nanocarriers for Controlled Release Applications | DST (fast track scheme for young scientists program) | 15, 30, 000 INR | 2010-2013.
• Synthesis and characterization of stimuli-responsive interpenetrating polymer network membranes for selective separation of toxic metal ions | BRNS, Govt. of India | 28,45,750 INR | 2011-2014.
• Novel Duel Responsive Micro/Nano Hydrogels from Carbohydrate polymers: Synthesis, Development and in vitro Anti-Cancer Drug delivery Studies | University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India | 7,50,000 INR| 2013-2015.
• Design and Synthesis of IPN based Polymer Electrolyte Membranes Embedded with Nano-Additives for Fuel Cell Applications | Indian Space Research Organization, India | 22,75,000 INR | 2014-2017.
• Mr. P. Rama Subba Reddy | Synthesis and Characterization of Multi-Structured Macro-Molecular Matrices and their Silver Nanocomposites for Biomedical Applications | 2014.
• Mr. N. Sivagangi Reddy | Synthesis and characterization of stimuli-responsive interpenetrating polymer network membranes for selective separation of toxic metal ions | 2016.
• Mrs. T.J. Sudhavani (Rayalaseema University | Development of Polymeric Matrices and Synergistic Ligands for Extraction of Rare Earth and Toxic Metal Ions | 2017.
• Ms. S. Eswaramma (DST Inspire Fellow) | Synthesis and Characterization of Multi-structured Hydrogels for Controlled Release of Anti-Cancer & Anti-HIV Drugs and Anti-Microbial Applications | 2017.
• Mr. Vishvanatha Reddy (Rayalaseema University) | Synthesis and Characterization of Copolymer/Polymeric Matrices and their Biomedical Applications | 2019.
• Mrs. R. Vijitha, ISRO-JRF, “Fabrication of Functionalized Carbohydrate Polymer Based Polyelectrolyte Membranes and their Composites with Phospho-molybdic Acid for Drug Delivery, Toxic Metal Ion Removal and Fuel Cell Applications” Ph.D. Awarded in 2022.
• Mr. K. Nagaraja, “Synthesis of Polysaccharide Based Hydrogels for Anti-Cancer Drug Delivery and Green Synthesis of Their Silver Nanocomposites for Inactivation of Multi Drug Resistant Bacteria” Ph.D. Awarded in 2022.
• Ms. Boddu Adilakshi, DST Inspire Fellow “Synthesis and Systematic Design of pH Responsive Polymeric Drug Delivery Devices for Controlled Release of Anti-Cancer Drugs” Ph.D. Awarded in 2022.
• Miss. D. Hemalatha, “Design and development of Carbohydrate based targeted drug delivery systems”.
• Mr. T Mohan Babu, “Synthesis and Characterization of Carbohydrate based Polymeric Materials for Biomedical Applications”
• 2021: Received Distinguished Editor from International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR), India.
• 2018: Received ASSOCIATE FELLOW from Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences, (APAS) Amaravati, India.
• 2014: Received UGC RAMAN Award for Postdoctoral Fellowship for Indian scholars to work at Department of Chemical Engineering and Material Science, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA by UGC, New Delhi, India.
• 2009: Received Young Scientist Award with research project under the Fast-track scheme for young scientists, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
• 2009: Biographical profile published in the MARQUIS’ who’s who in the World, 27th edition 2010 (Published from New Jersey, U.S.A.).
• 2007: Awarded the Junior Scientist from National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi, India.
• 2006: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Pusan National University, Pusan, South Korea.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life member of Indian Science Congress, INDIA.
• Life member of The Indian Thermodynamics Society, INDIA.
• Life member of Indian Association of Nuclear Chemists and Allied Scientists, INDIA.
• Life member of Society for Polymer Science, INDIA.
• Life member of National Environmental Science Academy, INDIA.
• Life Member of Association of Chemistry Teachers, INDIA.
• Life Member of Association of Environmental Analytical Chemistry of India, INDIA.
• Editor-in-Chief of the Journal entitled ‘Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science’. ISSN No.:2320-0898 (print), 2320-0928 (online). Indexed with Crossref (DOI), CAS etc.
• Editorial Board member of the Journal entitled ‘Spectroscopy- An International Journal’ (Impact Factor: 0.89).
• Editorial Board member of the Journal entitled ‘The Open Access Journal of Science and Technology’ (Online ISSN: 2314-523).
Number of Ph.D thesis submitted to various universities like Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, VIT University, Vellore, University of Mysore, Mysore etc were adjudicated.
Polymer Biomaterial Design and Synthesis Lab) primary aim is on the development of biocompatible/biodegradable materials from natural and synthetic polymers for site specific target drug delivery of cancer and infectious diseases, and also nanotechnology applications for medical diagnosis and therapy. In addition to this we are developing the Interpenetrating Polymer Networks for Toxic Metal removal from aqueous environment as well as for Fuel Cell applications. Specific projects that we are currently pursuing include:
• Synthesis of novel polymeric materials for medical and pharmaceutical applications.
• Preparation and characterization of polymeric membranes and microcapsules with controlled permeability properties for medical and pharmaceutical applications.
• Target-specific drug, gene, and vaccine delivery systems for diseases of the gastro-intestinal tract.
• Synthesis and characterization of functionalized hydrogels in different shapes & size and their application for controlled release of therapeutic agents (Anti-Cancer, NSAID, anti-biotic, etc.)
• Synthesis of mixed matrix polymer membranes/IPN hydrogels for pervaporation and removal of toxic metals (waste water treatment).
• Development of functionally modified hydrogel/membranes for toxic metal removal.
• Fabrication of organic-inorganic hybrid polyelectrolyte membranes for Fuel Cell applications.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.