Ph.D. (1993) – Department of Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, India.
• Professor of Physics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 22.01.2013 – Till date.
• Associate Professor in Physics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 11.11.2008 – 21.01.2013.
• Assistant Professor in Physics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 27.06.2007 – 10.11.2008.
• Chief Research & Development Scientist & Research Scientist, Japan Agency for Marine and Earth Technology Center (JAMSTEC), Yokosuka, Japan: 01.04.2001 – 21.12.2007.
• Researcher, Telecommunications Advancement Organization (TAO), Communication Research Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan: 15.10.2000 – 31.03.2001.
• Visiting Research Fellow, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan: 15.10.1999 – 14.10.2000.
• Post-Doctoral Fellow, Science & Technology Agency, Communication Research Laboratory (CRL), Tokyo, Japan: 15.11.1997 – 14.10.1999.
• Post-Doctoral Fellow, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands & Post-Doctoral Fellow, National Central University, Taiwan: 01.04.1996 – 14.11.1997.
• Research Associate (CSIR), Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati: 03.01.1994 – 31.03.1996.
• Principal & Chief Warden, Yogi Vemana University College, Kadapa: 01.06.2021 - Till Date.
• Head, Department of Physics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 27.06.2007 to 21.11.2010; 07.02.2013 to 16.02.2015 & 15.03.2021 - Till Date.
• Chairman, BoS, Department of Physics, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 07.02.2013 to 2016.
• Dean, School of Physical Science, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 07.02.2013 to 23.09.2013.
• Dean, Examinations, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 08.05.2013 to 16.09.2013.
• VC Nominee/ Member, Central Purchase Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 2009 to 2013.
• Director, YVU-UGC Affairs, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 23.11.2011 to 08.11.2013.
• Member, Annual Report Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 2008 to 2013.
• Chief Coordinator, Integrated Common Entrance Test for MBA and MCA (ICET): 2010 to 2013.
• Convener, UGC 12B Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 2010.
• Convener, XI and XII plan proposal Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 25.10.2011 & 2012.
• Member, Best teacher award scrutiny Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 2015 to Till date.
• Dean, Students Welfare, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 25.10.2017 to 26.06.2019.
• Vice-Principal & Additional Chief Warden, Yogi Vemana University College, Kadapa: 26.06.2019 to 05.11.2019.
• Nodal Officer, YVU- APSCHE activities, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 20.08.2019 to 05.11.2019.
• Registrar & Convener, Finance Committee, Krishna University, Machilipatnam: 06.11.2019 to 11.02.2021.
• Principal, Krishna University College, Machilipatnam: 01.01.2021to 29.01.2021. • Dean, College Development Council, Krishna University, Machilipatnam: 06.11.2019 to 11.02.2021.
• VC Nominee& Convener, Central Purchase Committee, Krishna University, Machilipatnam: 06.11.2019 to 11.02.2021.
• Convener, Joint Inspection Committee for OU, ANU, SVU& AU (appointed by A.P. State Council of Higher Education): 2013 – Till date.
• External Member- PG Board of Studies for O U, Hyderabad; AU, Visakhapatnam; S.K.Univ., Anathapuramu; SPMahila Univ., Tirupathi; Rayalasema Univ., Kurnool; Krishna University, Machilipatnam; Dravidian University, Kuppam etc: 2010 to Till date.
• External Member- UG Board of Studies for Ats College, Kadapa; SRK College (A), Nandyal; SKR &SKR Women (A) Govt. College, Kadapa; Arts College (A), Kadapa; KBN College, Vijayawada etc: 2010 – Till date.
• External Member-Engineering College, Board of Studies for KSRM Engg., Kadapa; Sri VedhayanekathanEngg., Rangampeta; AnnamacharyaEngg., Rajampeta; SitamEngg.and Science and Technology, Chittoor; Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology; SiddarthaEngg., Puttur: 2009 to Till date.
• Adviser & Faculty, International School on Atmospheric Radar: 2007 to Till date.
• Semi-arid-zonal Atmospheric Research Centre (SARC) for understanding of the atmospheric and environmental changes over Rayalaseema region, Andhra Pradesh. Sponsored by ISRO, Bangalore: Duration: 2008 – 2028. Project Outlay: Rs. 150.00 Lakhs.
• Indian Network for Space Weather Impact Monitoring (InSWIM). Sponsored by ISRO, Vikram Sharabhai Space Centre, Trivendrum. MOU Period: 2016 -2026.
• Fund for Improvement of S&T Infrastructure (FIST), 01- Level. Sponsored by Dept.of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India. Duration: 2013 – 2020 – Project Outlay: Rs.105.0 Lakhs.
• Severe Thunderstorms–Observational and Regional modeling Programme (STORM) over North-Eastern region of India. Sponsored by Ministry of Earth Science (MoES), New Delhi. Duration: 2009-2014 – Project Outlay: Rs.15.0 Lakhs.
• Monitoring of Village Information system (VIS) for prediction of weather systems over Kadapa and Nellore Districts. Sponsored by Andhra Pradesh State Council of Science and Technology (APCOST). Duration: 2009 – 2012 – Project Outlay: Rs.17.0 Lakhs.
• Experiment on Heavy Rainfall in Meiyu front in the Downstream of the Yangtze River using three X-band Doppler radars, RASS Wind Profiler, three automatic weather stations. Sponsored by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science& Technology (MEXT), Japan. Duration: 2001 – 2004 – Project Outlay: Rs. 200.0 Lakhs.
• Pacific Area Long-term Atmospheric observation for Understanding of climate change (PALAU) project. Sponsored by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology (MEXT), Japan. Duration: 2003 – 2007 - Project Outlay: Rs. 200.0 Lakhs.
• Characterization of tropical rainfall for space borne radar algorithm and microwave communication link design applications. Sponsored by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), Japan. Duration: 1999-2001 - Project Outlay: Rs. 200.0 Lakhs.
• Diagnosing vertical structure of monsoon precipitating cloud systems and estimation of rain drop-size distribution (DSD) using LAWP/MST Radar and disdrometer observations. Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi. Duration: 1991-1996 - Project Outlay: Rs. 7.0 Lakhs.
• Development and deployment of Acoustic sounder (SODAR) to Antarctica, S.V.University/National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi. Sponsored by Dept. of Ocean Development, New Delhi. Duration: 1989 – 1992 – Project Outlay: Rs.3.0 Lakhs.
• Mrs. P.L. Manjulatha |Remote sensing and GIS application for utilization of natural resources for integrated development of Mahaboobnagar District in Andhra Pradesh | Mar., 2012.
• Mr. S. Venkata Raju | A Study on Marine Boundary Layer and Microphysical characteristics of Precipitating Clouds over Palau in Pacific Ocean | Oct., 2014.
• Mr. M. Venkatrami Reddy | An Exploration of Tropical Cyclone Simulations over Bay of Bengal | Jan., 2015.
• Mr. S.B. Surendra Prasad | A comprehensive study on Solar Eclipses and their influence on Meteorological variables | Jan., 2015.
• Mrs. J. Jayalakshmi | Studies on Cyclone and Monsoon precipitation using integral rain parameters over Kadapa (14.4oN; 78.82oE), a semi-arid region of India | Apr., 2015.
• Mr. U.V. Murali Krishna | A comprehensive study on microphysical parameters in the marine boundary layer clouds over Palau in the tropical western Pacific Ocean | Feb., 2016.
• Mr. T. Amarantha Reddy | Optical properties of aerosols and their Radiative Effects over three different environments | May, 2016.
• Mrs. N.P. Amrutha Kumari | Microphysical observations of Precipitation over Kadapa (14.47°N, 78.82°E), semi-arid region of India | Jan., 2017.
• Mr. P. Mahesh | Investigations on Thunderstorm Precipitating clouds over Guwahati, North East Region of India | Sept., 2017.
• Mr. R. Mastanaiah | Raindrop Size Distributions characteristics of Madden Julian Oscillation (MJO) over Gan Island in the Equatorial Indian Ocean | Oct., 2017.
• Mr. T.P. Mahesh | Meiyu Precipitation studies using Wind Profiler Radar in the downstream of Yangtze River, China | July, 2018.
• Mrs. R. Suneetha | Investigations on Lightning and Thunderstorm Precipitating Clouds over Guwahati, North East Region of India | Oct., 2018.
• Mr. G. Mahaboob Basha | A study on monsoon precipitating Clouds over Palau (7°20′ N, 134°28′ E) in Tropical Western Pacific Ocean | Nov., 2018.
• Mr. M. Rajeesh | Investigations on monsoon precipitating clouds semi-arid region, Kadapa | Feb., 2020.
• Mr. A. Hari Krishna | Village Information Systems over Kadapa and Nellore district– Weather dissemination.
• Mrs. B. Rohini | A Study of melting layer characteristics over Rayalaseema, semiarid region of India.
• Mr. S. Mastanaiah | Lower Atmospheric Wind Profiler for monitoring of boundary layer winds, temperature and vertical Structure of Baiu/Meiyu period in the downstream of Yangtze River, China.
• Mr. Vijayamarkandeya | Long-term rainfall characteristics over Kadapa semi-arid region of tropical semi-arid region of India. • Mr. M. Aruna | Radio-Refractivity studies over East-Coast of India.
• Mr. T. Venkata Rambabu | Investigations on Precipitating Cloud systems over East-coast of India.
• Mr. T. Raja Mohan | Precipitation characteristics over East-coast of India.
• Netherlands Scientific Organization (NWO), the Netherlands.
• Telecommunications Advancement Organization (TAO) Research Fellowship, Japan.
• Japan Science & Technology Agency (STA)fellowship, Japan.
• National Science Council (NSC)fellowship, Taiwan.
• Fellow, The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), New Delhi, India.
• Founder Fellow, Andhra Pradesh (AP) Akademy of Sciences, Amaravati.
• Fellow, TelanganaAcademy of Sciences, Hyderabad.
• Secretary, Indian Association of Physics Teachers(IAPT), Andhra Pradesh&Telengana State.
• Faculty, International school on Atmospheric Radar (ISAR), 2006-till date.
• Visiting Scientist/Guest Faculty at National Central University, Taiwan since 1997 – Till date.
• Faculty, School of Atmospheric Science, Indian Institute of Technology, IIT-Madras, Chennai.
• Faculty, Winter school on Atmospheric Radar and Lidar, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati and National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Gadanki
• Faculty, Training on observations and data analysis of Severe Thunderstorm Observations and Regional Modeling (STORM)Programme, Centre for Ocean, Rivers, Atmospheric,and Land Science (COARL), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Kharagpur.
• Faculty, Training Workshop on Radar meteorology, generation and utilization of Doppler weather radar products, India Meteorological Department, Hyderabad.
• Scientist award, Tenth Scientific Expedition to Antarctica, Nov. 1990- March 1991.
• Gold Medal Award for the best research paper at the National Space Science Symposium, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahemdabad, 1992.
• Young Scientist award, International Union of Radio Science (URSI), Lillie, France, 1996.
• AP Scientist Award-2007, Andhra Pradesh Council of Science and Technology (APCOST), Hyderabad.
• Eminent Scientist award, National Environmental Science Academy, 2010, New Delhi.
• Bharat Jyoti Award, India International Friendship Society, New Delhi.
• Top 100 Educator-2010, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
• Outstanding intellectuals of the 21st Century award, 2011, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
• Best University Teacher award, State Awards to Meritorious Teachers-2012, Dept. of Higher Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh, 05 Sept. 2012, Hyderabad.
• Dr.Palle Rama Rao Award for Physical Sciences, A.P.Science City, Amaravati, 2019.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Member, High level Committee of experts for establishment of Doppler Weather Radar over India, India Meteorological Department, New Delhi.
• Technical Committee member for Cloud seeding operation by Jawaharlal Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad.
• Member, Academic Advisory Committee for Centre for Atmospheric Sciences and Weather modification Technologies, JNTU, Hyderabad.
• Executive Member, Andhra Pradesh State Knowledge Mission, 2015.
• Member, Cloud seeding operation by Karnataka Government.
• Member, Technical Specification committee for 13- C-Bandmulti-polarization Doppler Weather Radar over India, India Meteorological Department, New Delhi.
• Member, Technical committee for Network of Doppler Weather Radars, Karnataka Natural Disaster Management Cooperation (KNMDC), Bengaluru.
• Life Member (8146L4733), Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT), Kanpur.
• Life Member (L2089), Instrument Society of India, Bangalore.
• Life Member, India Meteorological Society (IMS), Chennai Chapter.
• Life Member(L1432), National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi.
• Life Member (L19967), The Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata.
• Life Member (LM883), Association of Agro-meteorologists, Anand, Gujarat.
• Life Member (RMIAET2712710),International Association for Engineering & Technology (IAET) .
• Life Member (LM 128942), The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
• Geophysical Research Letters, USA.
• Journal of Geophysical Research, USA.
• Radio Science, USA.
• Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, USA.
• Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, U.K. .
• Annales Geophysicae.
• IEEE Transactions Antenna & Propagation, USA.
• Hydrological Processes, Japan.
• Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan.
• Atmospfera, Mexico.
• Nigerian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics.
• Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics.
• Monthly Weather Review, USA.
• Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, USA.
Journal of Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics.
Served as external examiner at M.Sc. Physics, M.Phil and Ph.D. in Physics, Electronics and Atmospheric/Environmental Sciences programmes of
• Andhra University, Viskapatnam.
• Osmania University, Hyderabad.
• Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur.
• Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur.
• AdikaviNannayya University, Rajamahendravarm.
• Krishna University, Machilipatnam.
• Kakatiya University,Warangal.
• Rayalaseema University,Kurnool.
• Kerala University, Trivendrum,Kerala.
• Delhi University, New Delhi.
• K.L. deem to be University, Green Fields, Vaddeswaram.
• Atmospheric Physics & Remote Sensing: Clouds, Aerosols, Boundary Layer Physics.
• Atmospheric Dynamics, Radiation Budget, Climate, Radiation Transfer Models.
• Satellite and Doppler Radar &Lidar Remote Sensing of Aerosols and Clouds and assessment of their impact.
• Radar and Monsoon meteorology.
• Prediction of cyclones, thunderstorms, heavy rainfall, monsoon, mesoscale convective precipitating systems and Global Climate Change.
• Rain drop-size distribution.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.