Department of Geology has started with 1 Associate Professor in the year 2006, later 5 Assistant Professors recruited in 2007, all having rich research experience in India and abroad. The faculty of the Department has published around 400 articles in journals of international repute that includes 210 published from other countries and authored 10 book chapters in their respective disciplines. Faculty has successfully guided 8 Ph.D. scholars and currently 8 research scholars are pursuing research in the department.
2. 2. National Seminar on “Geodynamics and Mineral Resources of Proterozoic Basins of India (GAMP – 2010) March 4-6, 2010. (DST).
• Department of Geology has successfully completed 3 Major Research Projects among which 2 funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and 1 supported by University Grants Commission (UGC).
• Currently 3 Major Research Projects are under consideration with RUSA.
Laboratory Facilities for the M.Sc. (Geology) Students
• Crystallography Laboratory.
• Mineralogy Laboratory.
• Optical Mineralogy Laboratory.
• Palaeontology Laboratory.
• Petrology Laboratory.
• Geochemistry Laboratory.
• Geology Museum..
• Remote Sensing Laboratory.
• Geographical Information System Laboratory.
• GeoGeology Laboratory.
• Computer Laboratory.
Research Laboratories / Facilities
• Geochemistry Laboratory.
• Remote Sensing & GIS Laboratory.
The research facilities of the department are being extensively used by the researchers of neighboring Universities / Institutions / Laboratories either through collaboration/on payment basis.
• Prestigious DST’s INSPIRE Fellowship to the First Rank Students to pursue Ph.D. degree: 9.
• Prestigious UGC RGN Fellowship to pursue Ph.D. Degree: 2.
• Ph.D. degree awardees from the department are currently working in various National and International Institutions and Laboratories.
• Successful M.Sc.(Geology) Post-Graduates of the department were placed in various institutions for teaching / perusing higher studies.
Department of Geology frequently organizes seminars/workshops/webinars to M.Sc. students of Geology to make them acquainted with the current advances in Geology and allied sciences.
P.I.: Dr.K.Raghu Babu, Project Title: “Mapping of Natural Resources of Kadapa district using LANDSAT ETM+ image of Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh, India. [F.No.42-61/2013 (SR)]”. Period of the Project: 2013-2017 (4 Years). Sponsoring Agency: University Grants Commission (UGC). Total Project Outlay: Rs. 11,20,000/-.
P.I.: Dr.V. Sunitha, Project Title: “Geochemistry and health impact of fluoride in Ground water in parts of Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh. (SR/FTP/ES 50/2007)” Period of the Project: 2008-2011 (3 Years). Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi. Total Project Outlay: Rs.12,00,000/-.
P.I.: Dr. S. Srinivasa Gowd, Project Title: “Environmental Risk Assessment and Remediation of contaminated soils due to waste disposal from Tannery industries: Two case studies-Ranipet, Tamil Nadu, and Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India (SR/FTP/ES 19/2005, dt.14.09.2005)”. Period of the Project: 2006-2010 (4 years). Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi. Total Project Outlay: Rs.16,00,032/-.
Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa
Andhra Pradesh, India
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.