Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. (2002) - Polymer Science & Technology, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur-515 003, India.
• Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science & Nanotechnology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa from 21st July 2021 to till date.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science & Nanotechnology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadpa: from 21st July 2009 to 20th July 2021.
• Postdoctoral Fellow, Dalhousie University, Canada: Aug 2007 to July 2009.
• Postdoctoral Fellow, Pusan National University, South Korea: May 2005 to Apr 2007.
• Research Associate, Karntak University, Dharwad, India: Mar 2003 to Apr 2005.
• Worked as Coordinator, Department of Materials Science and Nanotechnology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa.
• Worked as Member, Central Purchase Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa.
• Worked as Core committee for SSR preparation of NAAC.
• Worked as Associate Director, Directorate of Admissions, Yogi Vemana University.
• Worked as Coordinator, Transport Section, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa.
• Working as Coordinator, RUSA, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa since Oct 2017.
• Working as Coordinator, College Development Council, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa from Sep 2020 to till date.
• Working as Chairman, Board of Studies, Dept of Materials Science and Nanotechnology Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa from Mar 2022 to till date.
• Hydrophilic-hydrophobic based polymeric membranes for pervaporation separation applications | Department of Science and Technology (D.S.T), Govt. of India, New Delhi | Rs. 17.63 Lakhs | 2011 to 2014.
• Nanostructured TiO2 Incorporated Polymer Nanocomposite Membranes for Pervaporation Separation Applications | University Grants Commission (U.G.C.), Govt. of India, New Delhi | Rs. 9.63 lakhs | 2013 to 2016.
• S. Siva Sankar | Development of different polymer system for drug delivery and separation applications | Dec 2016.
• B. Venkataramana | Development of metal/metal oxide nanoparticles for biomedical applicaitons | Jan 2019.
• Sai Kumar | Development of Carbon based nanostructures/TiO based DSSCs for Improved Efficiency | Aug 2020.
Ph.D Pursuing : 03
• Awarded UGC-Raman Postdoctroala Fellowship (Apr 2014) to worked at USA for 1 year.
• DST Young Scientist Award (March 2011).
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life member, Polymer Society of India, Madras Chapter.
• Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Materials Letters, Inorganic and Nano metal Chemistry, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research.
Ph.D thesis submitted to Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam and Mysore University were adjudicated.
Polymer based carrier for separation and bio medical applications
In this area, my lab is focused on the development of various natural polymer matrices and their composites with metal and metal oxide especially in the form of films, micro and nanoparticles. These developed film shape matrices were tested for their ability in separating aqueous azeotropic mixtures using membrane based pervaporation technique. Polymer and composite fabricated in the form of beads, gels, and particles were used as carrier in delivering various drugs and bio molecules. In addition, composite materials were also tested for their catalytic and anti microbial activity.
CNT based dye sensitized solar cells
We are focused on developing CNT based photoanode materials for use in the dye sensitized solar cells using ruthenium based dyes. Further, we are working on using various polymeric materials as contiguous phase in bring the developed semiconductor photoanode compiste together in the form of film using doctor blade method.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.