The Department of Business Management is started at the erstwhile SVU PG Centre, Kadapa in the year 2003 to offer two year full-time Master’s Degree in “Business Administration” with four semesters on self-supporting basis and regularized in the year 2009. The Department is imparting Business and Management Education at post graduation level with two streams of MBA and MBA HR. The course is designed to sensitise and appreciate the role and responsibilities of a Manager in a fast changing business environment both at the national and Global level. The programme basically aims at the developing a sound theoretical base in various concepts and theories to enable the students to develop a broad perspective in the area of Management.
The Department consists of has eight (8) regular faculty members having rich research experience besides four (4) academic consultants with good teaching skills. In addition to that, one (1) Junior Assistant and one (1) Office Subordinate are working in the department. The department has published 38 books and around (350) articles in journals of international and national journals. Faculty has successfully guided 19 PhD scholars and currently 29 scholars are pursuing research in the department.
Students of the department are being encouraged to participate in various academic events organized by different agencies for example:
• Excelsior - 2004 a National level Students Meet organised by KSRM College of Engineering, Kadapa.
• GEM – 2004 Management Excellence Meet organised by GITAM, Visakhapatnam.
• BHUMA – 2004 organised by Allagadda Institute of Management Sciences.
• Excelsior – 2006 a National level students meet organised by KSRM College of Engineering, Kadapa.
• BIZ BEAM – 2007 organised by School of Business Management, SV University, Tirupati.
• SYNRGY – 2007 organised by Dept. of MBA, JNT University, Hyderabad.
• Ripples – 2007 organised by Ramakrishna PG College, Nandyal.
• Madhuram – 2009 organised by Sai College of Management Studies, Kadapa.
• Internal Management Meet – 2009 organised by Global College of Engineering, Kadapa.
• Management Meet 2010 –Organised by Vasavi College of Engineering, Kadapa.
• Management Meet 2010- Organised by B-School, Vizag.
• Excelsis-2011 Organised by MITS College, Madanapalli.
• Ripples – 2011 Organised by Ramakrishna PG College, Nandyal.
• BIZ BEAM – 2012 organised by School of Business Management, SV University, Tirupati.
• Management Meet 2013 –Organised by Sai College of Engineering, Kadapa.
• The following alumni: 1) Vannur Swamy, Asst. Manager; 2) C. Paramesh; 3) S. Pradeep Kumar and 4) Moinuddin are working at Thyro Care Technology Limited, Mumbai.
• B. Rajesh Kumar, Asst. Manager is working at Sivasakthi Group of Companies, Kurnool.
• The following alumni: 1) Sumalatha, Fiananscial Analysts and 2) Suguna are working at Capital IQ-Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai.
• Kullai Reddy, Asst. Manager is working at Bank of India, Nellore.
• Susanth, Asst. Manager is working at Union Bank of India, Kadapa.
• Conducting seminar paper presentations.
• Organizing Group Discussions, Debates, Role Plays and Business Quizzes.
• Implementing genuine Case analyses and solutions.
• Developing up-to-date knowledge.
• Eliciting new Innovative products through Add Games.
• Inducing Treasure Hunt and Trade Hunt games.
• Analysing real Projects with field work.
• Providing career counselling and guidance.
• Developing Communication skills.
• Arranging Mock Interviews, Job Fairs and Campus Recruitments.
• Training for stock trading activities.
• Participated in university developmental activities and social developmental activities.
• Arranging Alumni meetings.
• Motivating in participation of student welfare programmes like helping the poor pupils in the University and people in the society.
• Arranging Campus Recruitment Drive by inviting Multi National Corporations.
• Ample opportunities are being provided for the students to gain the exposure of corporate sector.
• Eminent professionals from corporate world are being invited to share the real time experiences on the work culture.
• Organizing management meets and national seminars in the campus.
• The faculty acting as editorial boards members, reviewers, resource persons, guest faculty in national and international journals and seminars/conferences to gain and contribute the knowledge to the students.
• Young and dynamic faculty.
• Regular class work with latent technology.
• Well equipped Computer lab.
• Conducting Management Development programmes.
• Arranging Industrial Visits and Industry-Institute interaction.
• Organising campus selections through placement cell.
• Counselling the students for professional career development.
• Infrastructure facilities like digital library, Seminar Halls, Wi-fi Network.
• It is essential to get the staff of the department involved in thinking and planning process from the very beginning. Seminars, Workshops and Consultancies will be organised to make the staff familiar with the concepts and rational thinking. This will help them have a sense of participation in decision making and motivate them to get involved in entire process.
• Designing suitable courses in the major and related subjects by introducing new courses of study. Planning to offer new degree/ certificate/ diploma courses that help graduates to land on jobs, such as:
a) Diploma in Accounting.
b) Diploma in Marketing.
c) Diploma in HR and Organisational Leadership.
d) Diploma in Labour Legislations.
e) Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development.
f) Diploma in Banking and Insurance.
• Improving Interaction with Industry:
a) Inviting dynamic industrial professionals to discharge latent practical knowledge in management.
b) Arranging industrial visits to the students to interact with the industries and to trace out the present management techniques and industrial environment.
• Enhancement of research and consultancy services:
a) Preparing the students to participate in seminars at national and international level to enhance the subject and knowledge.
b) Developing the excellence in research through research programmes and handling the research projects from various research agencies like UGC, ICSSR.
• Giving assistance in research projects to the Government like DRDA projects from the District Collectorate.
P.I: Dr. Y. Subbarayudu, Department of Business Management, “Employability skills of Techno-Management students and industry requirements - A analysis with special focus on SC and ST students in A.P” Period of the Project: 2015-18 (3 Years), Sponsoring Agency: UGC and Total Project Outlay: Rs. 6,96,000/-.
Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa
Andhra Pradesh, India
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.