1999: Department of Mathematics, Erstwhile SV University PG Centre. 2006: Department of Applied Mathematics, YV University.
The Department of Mathematics was established in 1999 (erstwhile S. V. U. P. G Centre) and it is converted to Applied Mathematics in 2006 and became part of Yogi Vemana University in 2006. The department is having six regular faculty (Professor – 1 (Retired), Associate Professor – 5) having rich teaching and research experience in India and abroad.
The prime goal of the department is to disseminate up-to-date knowledge in the field of Mathematical sciences by utilizing the latest teaching tools to the students, nurturing them adequately to serve society by taking up Mathematics as their career.
• Number of Students qualified SLET/GATE and other national examinations- 18.
• Number of Faculty Awards : 08.
• Number of Ph. D’s Awarded: 15.
• Ongoing Ph.D’s: 20.
• Degree College Lecturer- 01.
• Polytechnic College Lecturer-02.
• Guest lecturer in IIIT- 03.
• 30% students selected in Andhra Pradesh Village Secretariat and Ward Secretariat Department.
• 45% M.Sc., Students placed in various Educational Institutions , Bank and Private Sectors.
• Number of Prathibha awards - 23.
• Number of Students progression to higher education-32.
Departmental Library: Established in 2021, Text books -73
APJ Abdul Kalaam Central Library: Books: 2101; Journals: 03; Titles: 560; Reference Books : 22; Digital Lribary, Availability of Internet to students, Central computer laboratory to students.
Sri Venkateswara University-Tirupati; Sri Krishnadevaraya University-Anantapuram; Bahria University-Pakistan; Sri Padmavathi Mahila Viswavidyalayam-Tiripati; GITAM University-Hyderabad; VIT-A.P and Vellore; Acharya Nagarjuna University-Guntur; Rayalaseema University –Kurnool.
• Every year December 22nd, Department celebrates Srinivasa Ramanujan's Birthday ( Mathematics day).
• Students Participated in Clean and Green programme / Swatch Bharat / Blood Donation Camps as NSS Volunteers.
• Organized Blood donation camp, National Science Day.
• Participation of faculty, non-teaching and students in the National events organized in the campus.
• Regularly conducting Seminars / Workshops/ Conferences in National and International Level.
• Active participation : OPEN HOUSE/ exhibition programs.
• To establish as Modal Department in the field of Thrust areas.
• To integrate with sciences(Bioinformatics) to establish interdisciplinary aspects in the field of research.
• To incorporate quality assurance standards in teaching and learning process.
• To conduct Mathematical competitions and Olympiad exams.
• To undertake programmes on the socially relevant funding projects and certificate courses.
• To introduce the PG Diploma programme in Actuarial science in the the coming academic years.
• Vedic Mathematics certificate course.
• To initiate steps to get more Research projects.
Semigroups / semirings UGC Minor Project Completed 1987-1990 Cylinder, July – sep 2006 Volume – 18 No.3 (pp.159-166), National level.
DLinear and Combinatorial Optimization in Ordered Semirings UGC Major Project Completed 2007-2010.
Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa
Andhra Pradesh, India
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.