Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D. (2004) – Department of Zoology, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India.
• Associate Professor (Grade-III) of Zoology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: Dec 2021 – Till date.
• Assistant Professor (Grade-III) of Zoology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: Jul 2018 – Nov 2021.
• Assistant Professor (Grade-II) of Zoology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: Jul 2013 – Jul 2018.
• Assistant Professor (Grade-I) of Zoology, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: Jul 2009 – Jul 2013.
• CSIR Senior Research Fellow, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam: Oct 2006 – Feb 2009.
• CSIR Junior Research Fellow, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam: Oct, 2004- Sep 2006.
• Member, Disha Committee/ Women Protection Committee w.e.f., 28.11.2020.
• Member, Innovation cell, IQAC w.e.f., 19.11.2020.
• Committee member, Green Audit and Environment Audit w.e.f., 13.11.2020.
• Co-ordinator, Department of Zoology w.e.f., 15.09.2018- 30.11.2020.
• Member, Self-study Report preparation Committee, 2nd cycle assessment for NAAC w.e.f., 05.09.2020.
• Member of the Transport Committee (2013-Till Date) .
• Member, IQAC, YVU (12.02.2020- till now) .
• Member, Tender Committee, YVU w.e.f., 02.12.2019.
• Member, Nature Club w.e.f., 30.03.2016- till date.
• Invigilators for M.Sc Examinations.
• BOS chairperson for UG/PG courses.
• Observer-cum sitting squad for Degree Examinations.
• NSS Programme Co-ordinator (2014-2016).
• Research proposal entitled “Studies on parasite-fauna of elasmobranchs off Nellore coast, Bay of Bengal with special reference to ecological aspects” submitted to CSIR, New Delhi (Tenure-2013-2016) CSIR Grant No. No. 37(1592)/13/EMR-II, dated 09-04-2013 as a PI - Project Outlay: Rs.16.3 Lakhs till the FY 2015-2016.
• Miss. M. Hemalatha (RGNF Awardee No. F1-17.1/2011-12/RGNF-SC-AND-5015) | Study on infestation of wild-caught frogs of Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh by multiple species of metazoan parasites with special emphasis on ecological aspects | February, 2018.
• Awardee No.F1-17.1/2016-17/NFST-2015-17-ST-AND-2107) | Metazoan parasites of Sharks and rays from Nellore coast, off Bay of Bengal | October, 2018.
• Mrs Asha Kiran Modi (FDP- No.APSC021/001(TF)ZOOLOGY/PH.DXII PLAN/2016-17 dt. July 2016) | Micro-ecological studies of ectoparasites of selected freshwater fishes of River Penna, YSR (Kadapa) District, Andhra Pradesh” | April, 2021.
• Mr. Peddinti Rafeeq Ahammad under part-time PhD on 03.09.2020. | Metazoan parasite fauna of native fishes of Jeedipalli Reservoir and Gollapalli Reservoir of Ananthapur District, Andhra Pradesh.
• Mrs. D. Rajeswari under Full-time PhD on 06.08.2022). | Green synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of herbal plants mediated selected nanoparticles against fish pathogens.
• Mrs. D. Sumalatha under Part-time Research Scholar 08.08.2022. | Topic not yet assigned.
• Selected for Dr. (Mrs.) Jagadiswari Rao Women Scientist Award, 2022 in XVIII AZRA International Conference on “Advances in Applied Zoological Researches towards Food, Feed & Nutritional Security and Safer Environment” to be held on 10-12 November, 2022 at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
• Young Fishery Scientist Award, 2021 in a 3rd National Conference on “Recent Advances in Crop Protection including IPM and Environmental Sciences from GLP Perspective” by BVDF, Chennai on 17.10.2021.
• Certificate of appreciation in ‘recognition to contribution and accomplishment in Zoology’ from Vice-chancellor and Registrar, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa on 15.08.2021.
• Eminent Parasitologist Award-2020 in International Conference (Web) on Environment and Society-2020.
• Recipient of Associate fellow in A.P. Akademy of Sciences at A.P. Science Congress-2019.
• First Best Paper Award for Parasitology in International conference on aquatic animal health and parasitic diseases” at Annamalai University, Chidambaram during 6th and 7th March 2017.
• Served as Jury member for the District level Science exhibition for Inspire awardees conducted from 25th to 27th June, 2011 at Kadapa district, Andhra Pradesh.
• Recipient of Young Scientist Award on Biodiversity at the National seminar on “Recent advances in Veterinary, Fisheries sciences and Biodiversity’ held at Department of Zoology and Aquaculture, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur from 12-14th February, 2009.
• Recipient of Best poster Award- (Third prize) for the research at the ‘AZRA-2009- National conference on Biodiversity conservation and Management of Bioresources’ held at Andhra University on 28th -29th October, 2009.
• Recipient of the Best Poster Award for the Research paper at the 19th National Congress of Parasitology and International Symposium on Parasitic Diseases of Man and Animals (26th-28th October, 2007).
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life member of Indian science congress association (L32181).
• Life member of Indian society of parasitology (LM-909).
• Life member of Applied Zoologists Research Association (AZRA) 2020 (L340/20).
• Life member of Asian Biological Research Foundation (ABRF), Prayagraj, India (231/2020).
• Editorial Board Member of South Asian Journal of Life Sciences, Nexus Academic Publishers.
UP Journal of Zoology, Journal of Veterinary Sciences .
Parasitology: Systematics, Histopathology, Histochemistry and Ecology.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.