Timings : Monday to Saturay - 10 AM to 5 PM
Ph.D., Department of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
• Professor, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 27.06.2022 to Till date.
• Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 27th June, 2019 – 26.06.2022.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa: 27th June, 2007 to 26th June, 2019.
• Research Associate (with Prof. Arjula R. Reddy, Department of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad: November 2006 – June, 2007.
• Visiting Scientist (with Prof. Roberto Tuberosa, Department of Scienze e Tecnologie Agroambientali, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy: June 2006 – November 2006.
• Research Associate (with Prof. Arjula R. Reddy, Department of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad: September 2005 – June 2006.
• Founder Head, Department of Biotechnology, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa - July, 2007 to April, 2008.
• Member, Board of Studies as subject expert for PG Biotechnology in SSBN National College (autonomous), Anantapur.
• Coordinator, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences - November, 2011 to August, 2014.
• Coordinator, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences 23rd September, 2016 to 22nd September, 2018.
• Member, Central Admissions Committee, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa from January, 2017 to May, 2018. Member, Board of Studies in the Department of Zoology, PVKN Govt Degree College, Chittoor from 22nd January, 2019 to Date.
• Warden for Men, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa from 11-9-2019 to date.
• Additional Controller Exams, Yogi Vemana University Kadapa from January, 2020 to Feb, 2021.
• Head, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa – 29th July, 2020 – Till date.
• Chairman, Board of Studies, Department of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa – 22nd January, 2021 – Till date.
• “Physiological and Molecular Basis of Drought Tolerance in Landraces of Foxtail Millet (Setaria italic L.): Mapping Population Development, Evaluation and QTL Identification” DST-SERB, New Delhi sponsored project (No: CRG/2018/003280 dated 30th May, 2019) for 51.89 lakhs for three years (2019-22) Principle Investigator.
• Molecular Tagging of Tobacco Streak Virus gene: Screening Sunflower for Resistance to Tobacco Streak Virus and Mapping the TSV Resistance Gene Vibha Agrotech, Ltd, Hyderabad-2009-2011 Budget: Rs.5,00,000-00 (Letter No. Nil. Dated: 7th April, 2009) (API: 15.0) Principle Investigator.
• Development of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) transgenics carrying HD-START and DREB1F transcription factors for improved abiotic stress tolerane. Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (C.S.I.R), Govt. of India, New Delhi. 2009-2012. Budget: Rs.20,00,000-00 (Letter No. 38(1212)/09/EMR-II. Dated: 4th March, 2009) (API: 15.0) Co-Principle Investigator.
• Phytoremediation of Uranium enriched soils: Molecular, Biochemical and Transgenic approach Department of Biotechnology (D.B.T), Govt. of India, New Delhi: 2009-2012. Budget: Rs.25,00,000-00 (Letter No. BT/PR-10531/BCE/08/660/2008. Dated: 26th June, 2009) (API: 15.0) Co-Principle Investigator.
• Development of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea, L.) transgenics carrying HD-START transcription factor for improved drought stress tolerance Department of Science and Technology (D.S.T), Govt. of India, New Delhi2009-2012. Budget: Rs.26,60,000-00 (Letter No. SR/SO/PS-62/08. Dated: 27th September, 2009) (API: 15.0) Co-Principle Investigator.
• Molecular tagging of stress tolerant small millet varieties and development of genetic and genomic resources for molecular breeding Agri Science Project, Yogi Vemana University2010-2012. Budget: Rs.2,50,000-00 (Letter No. Nil. Dated: 30th December, 2010) (API: 10.0) Principle Investigator.
• Screening of small millets for abiotic stress tolerance: A physiological approach Agri Science Project, Yogi Vemana University2010-2012. Budget: Rs.1,50,000-00 (Letter No. Nil. Dated: 30th December, 2010) (API: 10.0) Co-Principle Investigator.
• Dr. Vijaya Naresh Juturu, Title of the thesis “Heterologous Expression of Cajanus cajan Cyclophilin Gene in Rice (Oryza sativa L.): Confers Abiotic Stress Tolerance” - 22nd March, 2017 (Present Position: Heading Tissue Culture and Research Unit in Company in Hyderabad after completing his Postdoctoral Visiting Scientist, Agricultural Research Organization, Volcani Center, Israel).
• Dr. Palakurthi Ramesh, Title of Thesis “Comparative Genetic Analysis of Foxtail Millet (Setaria italica L.) Wild Relatives, Landraces And Cultivars: Identification Of Genotypes Conferring Abiotic Stress Tolerance And Mapping Population Development” - 1st June, 2018 (Present Position: Research Associate, Genetics Gains Programme, ICRISAT, Hyderabad).
• Dr. Kola Gurulakshmi : Title of Thesis : “Seed Micronutrient Profiling and Development of Efficient Regeneration and Transformation Protocol of Foxtail Millet (Setariaitalica L.) Landraces and Released Cultivars” – on 7th March, 2022. (Present Position: AP., Sachivalayam)
• Mr. Gunti Mallikarjuna – Collection, Molecular Genetic Characterization of Some Freshwater Algae of Rayalaseema Region of Andhra Pradesh and Their Possible Biotechnological Applications.
• Ms. Shaik Sameena – Mapping Population Development, Molecular Genetic Linkage Map Construction and QTL Mapping in Foxtail Millet for Yield and Yield Related Traits.
• Mr. Anand Kumar – Molecular Genetic Characterization of Brown Top Millet and Proso Millet Germplasm for Yield and Yield Related Traits under Drought Stress in Comparison with Foxtail Millet.
• Ms. KoradaTejaswani - Molecular Dissection of Seed Nutritional Quality Traits in Foxtail Millet (Setariaitalica L.): Mapping QTL’s in RIL Mapping Population Using NGS Based Genetic Linkage Map.
• Mr. Sake Ananda RajaKumar – Molecular and Bioprospecting Studies of Fresh Water Algal Isolates of Rayalaseema Region of Andhra Pradesh, India.
• Recipient of Dr.SarvepalliRadhaKrishna Best Teacher Award-2021 Inducted by Society for Learning Technologies, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India (Membership No# LM308. A recognized by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, India; Reg No# 186/2020.
• Recipient of Associate Fellow on 7th November, 2017 by Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences, Amaravati during A.P. Science Congress.
• Recipient of SAB Young Scientist Award-2016 on 25th August, 2016 during an International Conference in GKVK Bangalore jointly organized by Society for Applied Biotechnology, Tamilnadu and GKVK, Bangalore.
• Early Stage Research Fellowship at the Institute of Advanced Studies of the University of Bologna for the year 2006.
• Excellent performance certificate from Dr. R. C. Nageshwar Rao, Senior Scientist, GREP, ICRISAT (Now Principal Agronomist, JB Peterson Research Station, QDPI, Kingaroy, QLD, Australia).
• Qualified joint CSIR – UGC (CSIR - Fellowship) examination conducted by CSIR in December 2000.
• Qualified joint CSIR – UGC (UGC - Fellowship) examination conducted by CSIR in June 2000.
• Qualified GATE - 2000 with 71.14 percentile.
• Qualified NET (Lecturer-ship only) examination conducted by CSIR in December 1999.
Google Scholar Citations: Visit here
• Life Member, Society for Applied Biotechnology (SAB) - (Membership Number LM-97) from June, 2014.
• Life Member, Society for Millets Research (SMR) ( Membership Number L-126/15) from 3rd Sep, 2015.
• Life Member, Asian PGPR Society of Sustainable Agriculture (USA EIN : 47-4803807 & Alabama, UA : 1309/490) April, 2016.
• Fellow, Society for Applied Biotechnology for the Year 2016.
• Life Associate Fellow of A. P. Akademi of Sciences, Amaravathi, Andhra Pradesh (No. 404 dated 17th October, 2017) .
• Life Member, Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy (Membership Number 167 dated 19th October, 2019) .
• Microbial Ecology (https://www.springer.com/journal/00248) .
• VEGETOS (https://www.springer.com/journal/42535) .
• The Nucleus (https://www.springer.com/journal/13237) .
• Acta Physiologiae Plantarum (https://www.springer.com/journal/11738) .
• Annals of Plant Sciences (www.annalsofplantsciences.com) • Frontiers in Plant Science (www.frontiersin.org/389489/).
• Australian Journal of Crop Science.
Ph.D thesis submitted to various Universities like Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirppalli; Kakatiya University, Warangal; Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur etc., were adjudicated.
• Molecular Markers, Mapping and QTL identification - Foxtail Millet – Germplasm Screening, Mapping Population(s) Development, QTL’s for (a) Yield and Yield under Field Drought Stress and (b) Nutritional Quality Traits.
• Biofortification - Cereals and Small Millets in general and Foxtail millet in particular.
• Algal Biotechnology - Documentation, Culturing, Molecular Characterization, Bioprospecting for industrially important compounds and Prospects of Biodiesel Production from Local Micro Algal Strains.
Vemanapuram, Kadapa, Y.S.R Kadapa, A.P., India.
Zip/Pin Code: 516005
I am indebted to the faculty of the University, who inculcated scientific temper and research aptitude and I think YVU is a happening place for qualitative research.
The academic ambience and infrastructure of the University are the hallmarks, I consider myself to be lucky to be here and I foresee a bright future in pursuit of Science.
Yogi Vemana University is certainly a hub for meaningful research activities. Research in social sciences here bears contemporary relevance and addresses societal problems.
Yogi Vemana University installed faith in me to explore new avenues in liberal arts which mates us more humane and civilized.